Wednesday 15 July 2009

FOR THE RECORD by Christopher Grant


FOR THE RECORD

We've been at this for the last three years, knocking off men and women and a couple of brats that were just this side of eighteen. We ain't no fucking kiddie killers, though the temptation has been great a handful of times.

Jordan had the lead for most people at one time (five) for half a year until I moved in with a family of four a month ago.

The sons, Nate and Joey, were twins, just about ready to ship off to college and Mom and Dad were looking to rent out their room. I'd be expected to keep the room the same once I moved into it, as the boys would probably be returning home during semester breaks. I had no problem with that as I didn't expect to stick around for that long.

Mom was a bit leery about me, somehow sensing something wasn't quite right with my motivation. I have to hand it to Mom. She was one fucking smart cookie.

Dad, on the other hand, was way too trusting. Dumbass Dad, as I came to know him, had set the price for the room and board at $175 a month. I could make more than that with one mugging victim, a means to supplement my income.

Nate and Joey were like all guys their age. Girlfriends occupied a majority of their time, cars and jet skis and pot and beer (which Mom probably knew about but Dad was totally oblivious to) filled out the rest of the hours that they were awake. I met a couple of their friends and have to say that they had pretty good taste in girls.

At the time, I was thinking that Jordan's record of five at once would never be broken and so I had aimed a bit lower, thinking I'd take these four out and then see what I could find elsewhere.

That's when Tiana and Sarah decided to come home from back east as a surprise.

I thought I had died and gone to heaven. And not just because Tiana and Sarah were hot. Nate and Joey and Mom and Dumbass Dad plus these two now equaled six. I could break Jordan's record, after all.

Mom introduced me to her girls and gave me a look that said, "Don't even think about it." I was most definitely thinking about it. Like I said, Mom was very wise.

Where Mom was smart about me and her boys, she was blind about her girls as both talked nonstop sex whenever and only when I was nearby.

A few hours after they arrived, Tiana, blonde and tall, approached me and asked me if I wanted a blow job. I had to decline, saying not that I didn't want one but with their mom keeping me under surveillance, it probably wasn't a good idea.

A couple hours after that, Sarah approached me with the same offer, even placing her hand on my crotch. It was hard to say no, especially when she nipped at my earlobe and told me that both she and Tiana would fuck me simultaneously.

I couldn't risk getting caught and getting tossed out on my ass. I had to play the sweet angel before I could take these people out. And I planned on taking them all out. Including the girls, even if it was a damn shame.

The night I decided to make my move, I slipped from the couch downstairs and into the boys' room. I had a silencer on the gun in my hand and I popped both of them without either of them putting up a fight.

I crossed the hallway and worked into Mom and Dad's room and found Dad but no Mom. I took Mom's pillow, put it over Dad's face, even though I had the silencer, and shot him through the pillow.

Mom was in the adjoining bathroom, the door slightly ajar. I could have easily gone in, shot her while she sat there taking her piss. But I just stood and listened until she finished, wiped and flushed. Everyone deserves to have a final piss. I shot her while she washed her hands.

The girls were the hardest to execute. In the past, I've killed any number of women, some of them prettier than others. I could have easily spared them and probably fucked them (if we'd met under different circumstances) but I had decided to keep playing the game Jordan and I were playing.

Tiana and Sarah were no different.

I knocked on their door, not caring how loud I rapped because, I mean, hey, everyone else was dead now.

Tiana came to the door and opened it up, standing there in a football jersey and socks.

"What time is it?" she asked.

I had the gun out of sight and I told her that it was one in the morning.

"What do you want?"

I thought it was obvious what I wanted. I fully intended to go ahead and fuck the two sisters and then kill them afterwards.

But I didn't like her tone. So I shot her in the forehead. She fell backwards, made a hell of a racket as she hit the floor.

Sarah woke up, saw me and screamed a loud, keening scream. I shot her in the face, then made sure she was dead.

I went down the stairs, rummaged through my bag and dialed Jordan on my cell phone.

"Your turn. Yep. Six. Call when you break it."

BIO: Christopher Grant is the owner and editor of A Twist Of Noir. His crime fiction has appeared at the now-defunct DZ Allen's Muzzle Flash and currently can be found at Powder Burn Flash, The Flash Fiction Offensive and here at Thrillers, Killers 'N' Chillers.

6 comments:

  1. Jeez, Chris - some game!

    Great read. Particularly liked the line: 'Everyone deserves to have a final piss.'

    Keep 'em coming!
    Col

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work, now of course you're gonna have to let us see how Jordan plans on breaking the record of six!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought you might like that line, Col. I think it was one of the first lines in the story that came to me.

    Lee, but, of course. I think there's a big difference between the narrator in this story and Jordan, too. Whereas this narrator has some kind of remorse, I think Jordan is just a cold machine that doesn't even really care about the record.

    I have no idea where these two met but that's definitely fodder for another story. After, of course, Jordan taking back the record.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man, you grossed me out a bit, and that is no small order. Hats off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, nice and cold. Perfect for his profession, but it appears he gets a bit more involved personally than those who do what he does usually do. That's what makes him extra interesting. He does get to know them a bit, and can still do his thing without so much as a backward glance. Love this character, and definitely want to see more of him.

    ReplyDelete